Group Warehouse Lead
• Supervises the daily operation and administration of the warehouse facilities in all current and future geographies.
• Supervises and following up the construction of the warehouses across the Group.
• Complies with local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
• Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
• Supervises the daily operation and administration of the warehouse facilities.
• Assigns appropriate resources, determines objectives and procedures, and monitors results to ensure inventory is accurate.
• Ensures materials are received, stored, shipped, and reported in accordance with established procedures and Government guidelines/regulations and meet contract requirements.
• Manages procedures and controls for hazardous material shipments.
• Drives the automation strategy for the Group in the warehousing function, utilizing new and existing software to ensure efficiency and replication of all systems across all geographies.
• Achieves financial objectives for the line of business, responsibilities include preparing yearly budgets and ensuring cost savings where required.
• At least 10 or more years’ experience in a logistical/warehouse environment • Previous supervisory experience preferred
• Knowledge or experience in the handling and management of government property strongly desired.
• Hazardous Materials certification preferred.
• Proficient with computer software programs including Microsoft Office, SAP, Warehouse Management Systems
• Good organisation and planning skills
• International/African exposure.
• Strong Management Skills, able to efficiently organise a large team.
• Excellent communication skills and analytical skills.
Back to jobs overview