Housing Construction Manager
Responsible for the delivery of agreed housing constructions & rehabilitation programmes across a number of strategic locations, managing implementation from inception through to completion.
• Oversee and direct housing construction projects from conception to completion, with a target of 400 houses per year
• Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs
• Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors
• Select tools, materials and equipment and track inventory
• Review the work progress on daily basis
• Analyse, manage and mitigate risks
• Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques, adapted to the local environment and local needs
KEY MEASURES & TARGETS (Performance Indicators)
• Delivery of housing construction & rehabilitation programmes to agreed quality, timescale and budget.
• Effective cost management through effective procurement and logistics planning.
• Adherence to Company policy, H&S and environmental standards.
• Effective management of direct and indirect personnel.
• Strong relationship management of internal and external stakeholders.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Relevant professional qualifications and training.
• Significant knowledge and experience of implementing similar projects from inception to completion in remote places.
• Excellent leadership skills and proven experience of managing project teams and subcontractors.
• Understanding of all facets of the construction process
• Ability to plan and see the “big picture”
• Experienced in challenging environments
• Experience with interlocking soil block construction is a plus
• Hands-on (10% office, 90% terrain)
• Standard computer knowledge required (Excel/Word/Outlook/ etc.)
• Knowledge of any CAD software is a plus (Autocad/others)
• Fluency in French is a must
• Results focussed with the resilience to deliver in a challenging environment
• Degree: minimum Bac+2
• 3 flight tickets + a total of 35 leave days (equivalent to 7 weeks) per year
• 3 years contract, renewable
• Medical insurance
Back to jobs overview