Responsible for the preventive and curative maintenance of the palm oil mill, Palm kernel Crushing Plant, Refinery and Fractionation Plant, Boilers, Air Compressor, Chillers, Thermopacs, Tricanters etc.
• Lead the maintenance team to maintain effective and high level Machine Reliability production
• Execute maintenance to ensure optimum availability of plant and machinery and performance of the operation.
• Ensure that all safety rules are in place during maintenance operations
• Plan for repairs to be done during lean season
• Ensure that the supply of tools, equipment and materials is maintained to run operations efficiently
• Ensure that the Maintenance activity is efficiently manned and supervised to ensure maximum productivity and the effective completion of work programs to required standards. cost ( overtime. Annual leave, contract workers,...)
• Develop innovations, improvements, objectives and plans for the department with the technical director.
• Prepare with the Technical Director the operating budget for the department.
• Ensure that operations (including those of contractors) conform to environmental policies, guidelines and laws.
• Ensure that operations (including those of contractors) conform to occupational health and safety policies, guidelines and laws.
• Keep abreast of industry best practice.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
• Mill downtime during peak season - PK plant and refinery downtime
• Overtime maintenance
• Existence of preventive maintenance plan
REPORTS TO - Technical Director
• Maintenance Supervisor
• Shift staff
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
• Open mindset for different cultures
• English spoken and written / French is an asset
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
• Utilities manager
• Production manager
• Workshop Manager
PROFILE-REQUESTED BACKGROUND AND COMPETENCIES
• Hands on Industrial/Factory Maintenance Management Experience
• Analytical and Planning skills
• ability to interpret Machine/Engineering drawings
• Strong Mechanical Background (conveyors- chain/belt/bucket- pumps)... Electrical/Control Engineering Background will be added advantage
• Degree Qualified (B.Eng, B.Sc etc) with at least 5 Years Experience or lower Technical Qualification With at least 10 years Experience
Our client is an agro-industrial group of companies specialized in the establishment and management of industrial plantations
Medium (5 - 10 yrs)
Back to jobs overview